Log in

    US Citizenship

    Currently citizens of thirty-seven (37) countries qualify for the Visa Waiver Program which allows after approval. The non-US Citizen applicant must be in possession if a machine readable passport that is valid for at least six (6) months after the date of departure.

    The VWP countries are: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece,

    FAWCO urges its members who are considering renunciation of U.S. citizenship to become fully informed by contacting tax professionals and immigration attorneys so as to make the best choice for your individual circumstances.

    Renunciation of United States citizenship is an extremely individual and particular personal choice. First and foremost, it is permanent and irrevocable. Further, some renunciation considerations are inheritance...

    OAW is seeking the urgent passage of long-delayed legislation that would restore consular protections to Americans who are arrested abroad, and foreigners who are arrested in the U.S.A. Americans were stripped of this protection in 2008, when the United States Supreme Court ruled in Medellín v. Texas that international treaties are not binding under domestic law unless Congress has explicitly...

    FAWCOWebLogo 2/2ln Tag (600 Pxls)

    Lucy Stensland Laederich
    FAWCO US Liaison
    Washington Update Bulletin
    FAWCO is an original organizer of the annualOverseas Americans Week
    in Washington

    September 2012

    FAWCO Washington Update 

    Help build support for the Commission on Americans Living Abroad Act!

    In February 2012, Representatives Carolyn Maloney ane Mike Honda introduced HR 597 to create a bipartisan Federal commission to study...

    If you know anyone who is a citizen of a visa waiver country (which includes most European countries) planning to travel to the United States, please keep reading!
    Travel Fee Instituted 

    Since January 12, 2009 travelers to the United States from the Visa Waiver countries have been required to apply electronically for a travel authorization via the ESTA system.  The authorization is valid for two...

    Citizenship -  Parental Consent when Traveling Alone with Children

    August, 2002

    Countries are concerned about protecting the security of children in this age of increasing international travel, especially when one custodial parent is traveling alone with the children. During the past year many borders have been tightened specifically Latin American countries such as Mexico and The Dominican Republic and also Canada...

    American Citizen Services provided by Consular Sections at U.S. Embassies

    U.S. Embassies are an extension of the U.S. State Department abroad. They may be found as listed by country at: http://www.usembassy.gov/

    A presentation of what American Citizen Services are provided by the Consular Sections at the Embassies is listed below. Child Custody Issues.  The main office in the State Department that...

    Notarization of Parental Consent Form for U.S. Passport Applications for Minors
    November 1, 2004

    All minors under 14 years of age must now appear in person at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate when applying for U. S. passports whether for a new passport or for renewal of a passport previously issued. Please see the February 2004 article, " NEW U.S. PASSPORT...

    Page 3 of 4

    Visit Our Partners

    © 2022 FAWCO

    Please publish modules in offcanvas position.