Log in

    Help from the Social Security Administration

    It's not always easy to be an American living overseas!

    Complications may arise when you want to contact the Social Security Administration for help in obtaining a Social Security number, creating or managing a personal Social Security account, changing your information on file with the SSA, etc.

    Two of the most common questions we receive about Social Security are how to obtain a SS number and how to create an online account to manage personal and payment information.

    It is important to know that without a valid US address, you cannot create an online "My Social Security Account". This is due to official guidelines that cannot, at this time, be changed. A personal account like this is not, however, essential to conducting business with the Social Security Administration.

    If you already have an account, you can manage it from overseas, and if you do not have one, Federal Benefits Units are there to help!

    They can not only answer your questions but also carry out the operations that you are unable to perform in the absence of your own "My Social Security Account".

    We are delighted to report that the Baltimore office of the SSA has provided us with contact information for every office around the world, listing the cities and regions served by those offices.

    You therefore have what you need to find the right office tasked with helping you. Be sure to look at the entire list of "countries served by FBUs" and then to find the email address for the office serving your city/country.

    Questions? Write to  and we will do our very best to answer!

    Download the PowerPoint: Federal_Benefits__Units_Worldwide_2.pptx

    Visit Our Partners

    © 2022 FAWCO

    Please publish modules in offcanvas position.