U.S. Citizenship Committee seeks to ensure that U.S. citizens living abroad retain the broadest possible range of citizenship rights under U.S. law.and serves as a source of up-to-date information regarding U.S. citizenship laws for FAWCO members and their families.

Please have a look at these links for current issues that concern all expat Americans:

Click here for consular services

Click here for information on passport fees 

Citizenship and Immigration: 




Contact the U.S. Citizenship Committee Chair Judith Furukawa (AWC Brussels) - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


It's not always easy to be an American living overseas!

Complications may arise when you want to contact the Social Security Administration for help in obtaining a Social Security number, creating or managing a personal Social Security account, changing your information on file with the SSA, etc.

Two of the most common questions we receive about Social Security are how...

The following information comes to us from the Federal Benefits Unit London but pertains to beneficiaries in a number of countries without and outside of Europe:

If you have questions about Social Security – applications, benefits, etc. and live in the Benelux area, you must as of 1 October 2017, contact Dublin (Ireland) for these services. The Federal Benefits Unit...

Visit Our Advertisers

© 2017 FAWCO

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.