The FAWCO Foundation A not-for-profit corporation that carries out FAWCO's philanthropic activities.
FAUSA (FAWCO Alumnae USA) An association of individuals who share the common experience of having lived abroad and who have returned to North America.
- AAFSW's Foreign Service Lifelines Associates of the American Foreign Service Worldwide (AAFSW). Non-profit organization supporting U.S. diplomatic families. Links, articles, tips, guides, resources, activities and other information for diplomats and other expatriates. Special sections for newcomers to the Foreign Service. First-hand reviews of Washington DC corporate housing facilities. Information from the U.S. State Department's Transition Center (OBC) and Family Liaison Office. AAFSW membership and donation forms. Foreign Service reading list. Livelines email discussion group.
- A Portable Identity A Portable Identity is both a website for the book of the same name and a source of support for women who are the trailing spouse in an international relocation. The site provides information about the book and authors, news articles, valuable resources and links for expatriate women, and a chat group for women to focus on how the move has affected their identity and how to take charge of the changes that occur at any stage of a move overseas.
- Expat Women Expat women is designed to help all women living abroad, with a mission to inspire your success.
- InterNations is the biggest global networking site for expats of various nationalities and their family members. At the moment, InterNations unites more than 350,000 members in 270 cities worldwide. On our platform, expatriates and their partners can find information in the City Guides, connect with compatriots, ask for advice on everyday life in their host country, provide other members with useful tips and make new contacts
- Expat Exchange Comprehensive source of expat information, including special sections devoted to moving overseas, tax and finance, doing business, jobs, repatriation, etc.
- Expatica.com Expatica.com is a "must read" for English-speaking expatriates acrross Europe. Each site features local and international news, classifieds, job postings, discussions forums, and relocation information.
- Tales from a Small Planet The online magazine for diplomats and expatriates, provides offbeat articles, fiction, satire, poetry, book reviews, resources, and the world-renowned 'Real Post Reports.' Research your next overseas assignment with uncensored commentary on expat life in cities from Accra to Zagreb.
Global Business and Job Sites
Resources for global entrepeneurs and small businesses.
- Going Global
Support for international job seekers and professionals with an extensive source of career information for 40 specific countries. Goinglobal.com's unique content and quality links provide the user with a comprehensive tool kit for evaluating, selecting and transitioning into a successful career in a foreign country.
- Monster Work Abroad
International job listings, as well as features on finding a job, working abroad, making an international-friendly resume. Also includes an excellent and very comprehensive resources section.
- American Citizens Abroad
- A nonprofit association dedicated to serving and defending the interests of individual US citizens living worldwide
- Association of Americans Resident Overseas
Information about the "legalities" of Americans resident overseas - insurance, taxes, inheritance, the census coalition, citizenship, voter registration and similar matters.
- Girl Scouts of America Overseas
Girls living abroad can still enjoy a U.S. Girl Scouting experience during their stay in another country because of the work of USA Girl Scouts Overseas.
- International Organization for Migration
Assists in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management, advancing understanding of migration issues, encouraging social and economic development through migration, and uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
News & Radio
U.S. Government Websites
Voting from Overseas
- Federal Voting Assistance Program
This site also offers all of the information needed on the procedures for voting from overseas, plus information on accessing, by toll-free phone, their automated Voting Information Center.
- Overseas Vote Foundation
Internet based overseas Voter registration and information system. Non-partisan, secure, and easy to use.
- The Election Official Directory
A complete, online database of US Local Election Officials (LEOs)
- Public Agenda
A nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that helps diverse leaders and citizens navigate divisive, complex issues and work together to find solutions.
- League of Women Voters
- Project Vote Smart
A wide source of unbiased information.
- Rock the Vote
Aimed at college age voters.
A non-partisan website dedicated to building a knowledge base for professionals wishing to better engage their communities.
Non-partisan Voting information
Please note that these sites, designed for U.S. residents, often offer the possibility of downloading the "National Voter Registration Form". This form is NOT the correct way to apply for a ballot from overseas. You must use the "FPCA" described in the Voting From Overseas Committee information. An online version of this form can be downloaded from the website of the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP).
FAWCO is not responsible for the accuracy of information found on these links.