FAWCO related Websites
The FAWCO Foundation A not-for-profit corporation that carries out FAWCO's philanthropic activities.
FAUSA (FAWCO Alumnae USA) An association of individuals who share the common experience of having lived abroad and who have returned to North America.
- AAFSW's Foreign Service Lifelines Associates of the American Foreign Service Worldwide (AAFSW). Non-profit organization supporting U.S. diplomatic families. Links, articles, tips, guides, resources, activities and other information for diplomats and other expatriates. Special sections for newcomers to the Foreign Service. First-hand reviews of Washington DC corporate housing facilities. Information from the U.S. State Department's Transition Center (OBC) and Family Liaison Office. AAFSW membership and donation forms. Foreign Service reading list. Livelines email discussion group.
- A Portable Identity A Portable Identity is both a website for the book of the same name and a source of support for women who are the trailing spouse in an international relocation. The site provides information about the book and authors, news articles, valuable resources and links for expatriate women, and a chat group for women to focus on how the move has affected their identity and how to take charge of the changes that occur at any stage of a move overseas.
- Escape Artist Overseas living for international job seekers and expatriates.
- Women Living Abroad A reference site for women living abroad.
- Expat Women Expat women is designed to help all women living abroad, with a mission to inspire your success.
- InterNations is the biggest global networking site for expats of various nationalities and their family members. At the moment, InterNations unites more than 350,000 members in 270 cities worldwide. On our platform, expatriates and their partners can find information in the City Guides, connect with compatriots, ask for advice on everyday life in their host country, provide other members with useful tips and make new contacts
- Expat Exchange Comprehensive source of expat information, including special sections devoted to moving overseas, tax and finance, doing business, jobs, repatriation, etc.
- Expat Expert Expat Expert is designed to inform, advise, and offer online friendship to relocating expatriate spouses & families from author Robin Pascoe.
- Expatica.com Expatica.com is a "must read" for English-speaking expatriates in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany. Each site features local and international news, classifieds, job postings, discussions forums, and relocation information.
- iAgora A virtual community for people who live, work, or study abroad. Includes resources for people abroad (weather forecasts, links for expats or visitors, exchange rates, conversion tables, etc.), lots of original content (travel stories, recipes, and more), as well as very active forums and chats.
- Network for Living Abroad Seeks to link past and present expats nationwide and internationally by mail, phone, fax and email.
- Tales from a Small Planet The online magazine for diplomats and expatriates, provides offbeat articles, fiction, satire, poetry, book reviews, resources, and the world-renowned 'Real Post Reports.' Research your next overseas assignment with uncensored commentary on expat life in cities from Accra to Zagreb.
- School Placement Consulting provides educational assistance and school search services to both corporate and private clients worldwide.
Business with Expats in Mind
Global Business and Job Sites
- Greenback Expat Tax Services provides expert US expat tax preparation for Americans living abroad. Our highly experienced accountants are all CPAs or IRS Enrolled Agents who work 100% with expats. In addition, our online process is simple and hassle-free, with straight-forward, flat-fee pricing.
- A Career in Your Suitcase
Everything you need for a career on the move!
Resources for global entrepeneurs and small businesses.
- Going Global
Support for international job seekers and professionals with an extensive source of career information for 40 specific countries. Goinglobal.com's unique content and quality links provide the user with a comprehensive tool kit for evaluating, selecting and transitioning into a successful career in a foreign country.
- International Job Links
600 International job sites to post/search resumes-CV and job vacancies or seek opportunities and information on telework, temporary, internships, seasonal, au pair, volunteering, government jobs.
Leading provider of cost-effective online recruitment solutions for employers worldwide.
- Monster Work Abroad
International job listings, as well as features on finding a job, working abroad, making an international-friendly resume. Also includes an excellent and very comprehensive resources section.
- Overseas Digest Employment Guide
Employment guide for Americans who want to go abroad.
- Overseas Teachers Digest
The virtual home for American teachers abroad.
- American Citizens Abroad
- A nonprofit association dedicated to serving and defending the interests of individual US citizens living worldwide
- .American Women Overseas
Non-profit organization with an international outreach which gives hope to American women overseas who are being abused by their spouses or intimate partners
- .Association of Americans Resident Overseas
Information about the "legalities" of Americans resident overseas - insurance, taxes, inheritance, the census coalition, citizenship, voter registration and similar matters.
- Girl Scouts of America Overseas
Girls temporarily living abroad can still enjoy a U.S. Girl Scouting experience during their stay in another country because of the work of USA Girl Scouts Overseas.
- International Organization for Migration
Assists in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management, advancing understanding of migration issues, encouraging social and economic development through migration, and uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
News & Radio
U.S. Government Websites
Voting from Overseas
- Federal Voting Assistance Program
This site also offers all of the information needed on the procedures for voting from overseas, plus information on accessing, by toll-free phone, their automated Voting Information Center.
RAVA 2006 – Online Registration and Absentee Voter Application
The direct link for overseas Voters to register using a Secure, Internet based, voter registration wizard. Supporting services include OVF’s Voter Help Desk and the OVF Election Official Directory.
Overseas Vote Foundation
Internet based overseas Voter registration and information system. Non-partisan, secure, and easy to use.
The Election Official Directory
A complete, online database of the 7,838 US Local Election Officials (LEOs)
Best resource for in-depth information on today’s issues.
A project of the League of Women Voters Education Fund and the Center for Governmental Studies. You can find your candidates via the zip code of your voting residence.
League of Women Voters
Project Vote Smart
A wide source of unbiased information.
Rock the Vote
Aimed at college age voters.
Be A Voter
a service of Capitol Advantage a private, non-partisan company specializing in civic participation. The site was developed by AARP, AOL and Worldcom.
Non-partisan Voting information
Please note that these sites, designed for U.S. residents, often offer the possibility of downloading the "National Voter Registration Form". This form is NOT the correct way to apply for a ballot from overseas. You must use the "FPCA" described in the Voting From Overseas Committee information. An online version of this form can be downloaded from the website of the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP).
FAWCO Diamond Sponsor
Taxes for Expats are tax experts serving Americans all over the world.
FAWCO is not responsible for the accuracy of information found on these links.