The UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) and the Department of Public Information (DPI) invite you to participate in an online global forum, “Building the Future We Want” from 12 to 24 September 2012 (http://bit.ly/ecosocWE). Following up on the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20) which took place in June, the United Nations is continuing its efforts to promote sustainable development and to prepare a new development agenda that will take us beyond 2015.
It takes only five simple steps to support this campaign:
1. Get the word out to your friends and followers.
2. Visit http://bit.ly/ecosocWE
3. Participate in the online forum, and ask your friends, and family members to post their questions on what, why, and how countries should deal with sustainable development challenges (rising unemployment, food security, biodiversity, climate change, sustainable consumption and production, land degradation, water, energy, sustainable cities, financing and technology transfer). Selected questions will be answered live on 24 September.
4. Bring an impact to the campaign by posting the graphic “Building the Future We Want” on Facebook (Profile and cover pictures) and on Twitter with a hyperlink to www.un.org/en/ecosoc/we. Downloadable visuals (images and promo video) are available on http://www.un.org/en/ecosoc/we
5. On 24 September, watch live responses to your questions on www.un.org/en/ecosoc/we ;ww
FAWCO approved a new logo, tagline and Mission Statement
at its Interim Meeting in Frankfurt, Germany on March 13, 2016.
FAWCO is an international federation of independent organizations whose mission is
In the coming months, FAWCO will be updating the website to reflect our new look. Check back often!